Fontemaggio is the name of a water source that lies only 200 metres from our home.
All the people who are going to the Hermitage, or whoever arrives at the water source, can enjoy the fresh healthy air that surrounds the small courtyard.
Our grandparents, Natale Rambotti, who was from Colle di Nocera Umbra and Maria Oliva Cipolloni, who was from Capodacqua di Assisi, bought the farm and buildings in 1949.
The farm was mainly based on agricultural activities, as well as sheep breeding.
The current Hotel building was originally the family home, where the grandchildren can still remember the creaky floors, the cracks in the plaster, the wonderful attic full of every kind of object, the string we used to ring the bell situated on the roof and the incredibly grand inscription on the north wall:
“With St. Francis, Italy gave the holiest of saints to Christianity and humanity”.
You can still recognise the splendour of the majestic Italian garden, where the summer restaurant was built, in some of our old pictures.